- The Radaelli Sabre features a fully-ridged guard with the classic reinforcing ring common to the Radaelli style.
- The high-carbon steel blade is very flexible towards the tip. A replacement blade (OH2264) is available by special order.
- One of the rapidly growing arts within historical fencing societies is that of sabre fencing in the late 19th century Italian style, originating with fencing masters who were employed to train mounted troops in the effective use of the military sabre.
- The Milanese fencing master Guiseppe Radaelli, is credited with starting the development of this style, while Salvatore Pecoraro introduced changes and refinements which resulted in the technique finally adopted for sabre at the Military Masters School in Rome.
- The hilt designs developed by Radaelli and Pecoraro have been reproduced in our fencing sabers, with stainless steel guards and wire-wrapped sharkskin-pattern grips.
- The high-carbon flex-tempered steel blades closely follow the proportions of the period and are button-tipped for safety.
- The blade and hilt of the “Hutton” sabre are closer to the style of the true military sabre.
- Overall: 40 1/4″
- Blade Length: 33 3/4″
- Handle Length: 5 3/4″
- Weight: 1 lb 7 oz
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|