Cold Steel – 1860 U.S. Heavy Cavalry Saber
Fighting With The Saber & Cutlass
- At the outbreak of the American Civil War, there were two types of sabers issued to the Federal Cavalry: “light” and “heavy”.
- The light version was popular, but the heavy model, dubbed the “Old Wrist Breaker” was the one worth owning, as it was a superior weapon.
- It’s 36 inch blade offered big reach advantages over most sabers, and its substantial weight gave it the leverage to easily crush bones and sever limbs or even a head with a single blow.
- The brass guard had three bars to protect the hand and the grip was wire bound leather and capped with a sturdy pommel.
- In its double ringed, steel scabbard, it could be easily attached to a saddle or to a belt.
- After examining and handling a number of original 1860 Heavy Cavalry Sabers, Cold Steel has decided to make their own reproduction with a few improvements.
- This blade is made from 1055 carbon steel with a hard spring temper and will pass the British Proof Test.
- Overall: 41 1/2″
- Blade: 36″
- Thick: 1/3″
- Weight: 42.9oz.
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
Specifications Usually Ships: Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST Orders Arrive: 1-4 Business Days After Ship Date Express Shipping: Is Available