Cold Steel – Shamshir
Fighting With The Saber & Cutlass
- The Shamshir originated in Persia and spread throughout the former Ottoman Empire and beyond into India and even the Philippines.
- Its strongly curved blade was enduringly popular and absolutely ideal for delivering a devastating cutting stroke.
- And, contrary to popular belief, it was very effective at delivering rising, descending and hooking style thrusts!
- Typically, the curved Shamshir blade had a narrow cross section and a sharp point.
- It had a simple brass or steel crossbar hilt and an equally straightforward handle made from wood or animal horn that terminated in a distinctively bulbous pommel.
- This pommel was offset slightly to help the hand resist centrifugal force when making a hard cutting stroke.
- Cold Steel’s version of this historic saber replicates the original as closely as possible.
- The only modifications were to substitute a modern high carbon steel for the blade and to use black faux buffalo horn for the handle.
- Even the scabbard is a close copy of the original.
- It’s made of thick, black leather (so it won’t dull the blade) and reinforced by a brass throat and chape, and comes complete with dual suspension rings.
- Overall Length: 36 1/4″
- Blade Length: 30 1/2″
- Blade Thickness: 3/16″
- Weight: 30.1oz.
- Steel: 1050 High Carbon
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|