- The Kumori Katana Japanese Katana (KTN4) is specially handmade and forged in the Yamato Nihonto tradition, which is considered to be the oldest tradition in japanese swordmaking.
- This forging method and premium quality, high carbon Japanese steel makes it an extremely sharp, durable and one of the most flexible blades offered today.
- The Kumori Katana features a genuine same’ tsuka, Japanese golden brown silk Tsuka Ito and 95% hand made silver Koshirae.
- The Kumori Japanese Katana can be completely disassembled for full maintenance. It is a fully functional Japanese katana, not a replica.
- The Thaitsuki Japanese Samurai Katana Series keep true to the samurai code, “To strive for perfection”.
- All Katanas produced by the family run Thaitsuki Forge are all handmade with the highest standards and attention to detail.
- All of Thaitsuki’s sword craftsmen and artisans have served for years in apprenticeship under the master sword smith, Mr. Sivarat.
- Each katana is made following the same traditional methods that the family run Thaitsuki Forge has been using for over 200 Years.
- From the perfectly wrapped Ito, to the handmade Kashira, Menuki, Tsuba and Fuchi, each piece is made from skilled craftsmen that specialize and take pride in their art.
- The Habaki, Menuki, Fuchi and Kashira are handmade from quality silver.
- The Tsuka is skillfully wrapped with only the leather or silk and only genuine Ray skin is used.
- The Saya is crafted from hard wood then carefully lacquered and the Koiguchi is made from genuine black buffalo horn.
- The blade is hand forged from only the best High Carbon – Japanese Steel and perfectly balanced.
- Each Japanese Katana comes with it’s own individual serial number and certificate from Thaitsuki Nihonto so you can trace it back to when and by whom it was made.
- Each sword is handmade and the fittings are handcrafted so no two katana will be ever be exactly alike.
- Each katana is it’s own, one of a kind, work of art.
- Blade: 29.5 inch (73.66 cm)
- Tang: 10 inch (25.4 cm)
- Tsuka: 11 inch (27.94 cm)
- Overall: 40 inch (101.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs. (1.28 kg)
- Balance Point: 5 inch (12.7 cm)
- Blade High carbon Steel – Notare Hamon
- Edge Hardness = 60-63 HRC
- Body Hardness = 30-33 HRC
- Black finish saya included with KOIGUCHI (Buffalo horn )
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone @
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|