- Hanwei’s Tang Sword is a Jian that exemplifies the artistry and symbolism in Chinese culture across many generations.
- The proportions and balance of the sword will appeal to the Taijiquan practitioner, while the unique fittings and decoration will establish its place in many collections.
- The lion-dog guard is fashioned after the shoulder guards of the Mingguang Armour, an important armour suit dating from the Tang dynasty, while the handle is wrapped in leather over ray skin in a traditional Chinese style for a superior grip.
- The diamond-section blade has both profile and distal tapers, making for a very quick sword, and is engraved with an ancient dragon pattern over most of its length. The wooden scabbard is decorated in figured brass and is provided with a belt attachment.
- The throat of the scabbard fits snugly into the mouth of the lion-dog, an interesting and unique feature!
- Key Features:
- Engraved high-carbon blade
- Intricate hilt and scabbard work
- Excellent for Taijiquan
- Overall length: 41 1/4”
- Blade length: 29”
- Handle length: 7 ¼”
- Weight: 2 lb 10 oz
- Point of Balance: 3 1/2″
- Point of Percussion: 18″
- Width at Guard: 1.11″
- Width at Tip: .77″
- Thickness at Guard: .23″
- Being hand forged specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|