- Cold Steel is famous for raising the bar in the knife industry and our Recon 1® tactical folders are setting a standard that’s hard to beat.
- Why? Because they are as tough as nails and will cut like a chain saw!
- Available with 3 and 4 in blades, every facet of their construction has been over engineered to make them as strong, durable and effective as humanly possible.
- The blades are made out of imported Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel that’s been vacuum heat treated and sub-zero quenched and the handles feature G-10 laminate scales artfully contoured and scalloped for a terrific non slip grip.
- Plus, they are held together by the latest in high strength mechanical fasteners and further anchored by a 6061 heat-treated spacer.
- To complement their super tough blades and handles they’re equipped with our revolutionary Tri-Ad lock™ , which practically precludes lock failure.
- To complement their tactical mission we have given each blade a tough, black, Tuff-Ex™ finish.
- Cold Steel’s testing has shown this coating offers three major advantages for tactical blades.
- First, it helps the blade to resist rust.
- Second, it eliminates glare and light reflections, which may give its user away.
- And third, it’s a superior lubricant, which causes the blade to slip through even tough material with markedly less friction.
- This means you can cut deeper and far longer than with a non-Tuff-Ex™ coated blade.
- To make the Recon 1® as easy to open and carry as possible Cold Steel has equipped each knife with a thumb stud and a small, extra strong pocket clip.
- This clip is completely ambidextrous so lefties please take note.
- What’s more its small size doesn’t abrade or irritate the palm under protracted use.
- Name: Recon 1 : Spear Point (50/50 Edge)
- Blade Length: 4″
- Blade Thickness: 3.5 mm
- Overall Length: 9 3/8″
- Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless with black Tuff-Ex™ Coating
- Weight: 5.3 oz
- Handle: 5 3/8″ Long. G-10
- Pocket Clip: Stainless Pocket / Belt Clip
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|