- The fully functional Practical Plus XL Katana provides a very economical cutting sword as dependable as the Practical XL Katana (SH6000XPF), but using more traditional fittings and construction methods.
- The blade is forged and differentially hardened (HRC60 edge, HRC40 back) and the hamon is prominent.
- The Practical Plus features genuine Same (Rayskin) on the Tsuka, with a tightly-woven cotton wrap (Tsuka-Ito).
- The long tang is double-pegged for security.
- The fittings of the Practical Plus are decorated in a Japanese Dogwood motif with dragon menuki, and the handsome Tsuba is of an iron “sunburst” design with a brass habaki.
- The Practical Plus has been extended to include all of the Performance Series blades; with three cutting styles and three iaito lengths.
- Maintenance kit available separately (OH1003)
Heavy Competitive Cutting
- Designed strictly for competitive cutting.
- The XL Katana blades incorporate the geometry, strength, weight and profile needed for successful cuts on substantial targets.
- Featuring differential heat treatment and a narrow edge angle, these wide blades will reward good technique with clean cuts and excellent durability.
- Massive XL Blade Geometry.
- Traditional Construction.
- Built for Martial Artists.
- Blade length: 28.5″
- Handle length: 11″
- Overall length: 41″
- Weight: 2 lb 11 oz
- Point of Balance: 5 1/2″
- Width at Guard: 1.42″
- Width at Tip: 1.10″
- Thickness at Guard: .26″
- Thickness at Tip: .18″
- Sori: 3/4″
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|