- The Practical Plus Katana provides a very economical cutting sword as dependable as the Practical Katana (SH1070), but using more traditional fittings and construction methods.
- The blade is forged and differentially hardened in the traditional claying method with a prominent hamon.
- The Practical Plus features genuine Same (Rayskin) on the Tsuka, with a wrap (Tsuka-Ito) specially developed for its gripping qualities.
- The long tang is double-pegged for security.
- The fittings of the Practical Plus are decorated in a Japanese Dogwood motif with lion dog menuki, and the handsome Tsuba is of an iron “sunburst” design with a brass habaki.
- Key Features:
- Fully functional
- Hand-forged high-carbon steel blade
- Differential tempering
- Overall length: 40 1/2″
- Blade length: 27 1/4″
- Handle length: 12 1/4″
- Weight: 2 lb 5 oz
- Point of Balance: 5 1/2″
- Width at Guard: 1.21″
- Width at Tip: .90″
- Thickness at Guard: .28″
- Thickness at Tip: .21″
- Sori: 3/4″
- Box height: 45″
- Box width: 5″
- Being hand forged specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|