- Paul Chen Hanwei’s Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community.
- These latest Practicals combine the blade geometries and profiles of the Performance Series with the affordability of our Practical fittings.
- The removeable handle is tightly wrapped in the tradtional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of kata practice.
For Frequent Drawing Practice
- These unedged training blades provide for safe drawing for the beginning practitioner of the 450 year old art of Iaido.
- Forged from stainless steel the tempered blades are not only maintenance-free but more importantly provide the correct weight and balance needed for the rigors of repetitive drawing and sword motion practice.
- Each blade has a deeply cut groove (bo-hi) to provide audible feedback when swung properly.
- 29 inch Stainless Steel Blade.
- Built for Martial Artists.
- Iaitō ( literally meaning mock or imitation sword) is the name given by practitioners of iaidō to mogitō, an imitation katana used for practicing some Japanese sword arts. A real or “live” Japanese sword is often called a shinken
- Blade length: 29″
- Handle length: 10.5″
- Overall length: 40.5″
- Weight: 2 lb
- Point of Balance: 5 1/2″
- Width at Guard: 1.27″
- Width at Tip: .99″
- Thickness at Guard: .25″
- Thickness at Tip: .15″
- Sori: 3/4″
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|