- The Hunter Katana is built on the Hanwei L6/Bainite blade in the Shinogi Zukuri style, and featuring superb koshirae, the Hunter is a very desirable and functional piece.
- The subdued green silk ito and green striped lacquered saya compliment the blackened tsuba with golden accents, featuring a raptor stalking his next prey.
- Bainite is a structure of high-carbon steel that combines great strength with excellent flexibility and shock absorption characteristics.
- It has been known as an exemplary Katana blade component for a number of years but its use has been restricted to a few top-class master smiths, due to the difficulties involved in performing the exacting heat treatment procedures necessary for the production of a Bainite blade body in combination with the very hard Martensite Yakiba (edge section) required for Katana blades.
- Hanwei has now mastered this difficult process, using billets of L-6 tool steel (a very tough high-carbon low-alloy steel) as a starting point.
- The blades are forged and shaped in the normal way, then carefully heat treated to achieve the required Bainite and Martensite structures before final polishing.
- Overall: 41 1/4″
- Blade Length: 27 5/8″
- Handle Length: 12 1/4″
- Weight: 2 lb 12 oz
- Point of Balance: 4 1/2″
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|