- Hanwei’s Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community.
- These latest Practicals combine the blade geometries and profiles of the Performance Series with the affordability of their Practical fittings.
- The blades in the cutting styles are forged from 1566 steel and differentially hardened in the traditional way producing an edge hardness of HRC60 and spine hardness of HRC40.
- The removeable handle is tightly wrapped in the tradtional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of tameshigiri practice.
- Competitive Cutting & Lighter Weight, the XL Light blades feature the same geometry as those of the XL but incorporate deeply cut grooves (bo-hi) to reduce the weight of the blade while retaining most of it’s strength and cutting ability.
- This weight reduction makes for a quicker sword, well adapted for multiple cuts in lighter targets.
- Key Features:
- High-Carbon Blade
- Performance Series XL Light Blade
- Built for Martial Artists
- Blade length: 28 1/2″
- Handle length: 11″
- Overall length: 40 1/2″
- Weight: 2 lb 9 oz
- Point of Balance: 5 1/2″
- Width at Guard: 1.45″
- Width at Tip: 1.06″
- Thickness at Guard: .27″
- Thickness at Tip: .18″
- Sori: 3/4″
- Being hand forged specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|