- The Practical Pro Katana has an extended tsuka and a thicker and longer blade.
- The blade is made of hand forged high carbon steel and is differentially tempered using a traditional claying method.
- The Practical Pro has a finer polish than other pieces in the Practical series.
- The tsuka is wrapped with synthetic black leather specially developed for its gripping characteristics and is double-pegged for safety.
- The saya is done in a deep black lacquer with a black Japanese cotton sageo.
- The fittings (koshirae) are done in antiqued black iron.
- The katana is stylized with a round Kuruma tsuba, which represents the “Wheel of Dharma”, symbolizing the Buddhist concept of the Noble Eightfold Path.
- For those interested in an economical katana that can stand the rigors of heavy cutting (tameshigiri), the Practical Pro is an excellent choice.
- Overall Length: 45-3/4″
- Blade: 29-1/2″
- Handle: 15″
- Thickness: .36″
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|