- The best of the world’s sword fighters have known a simple truth for ages… if you want to become a reasonably good sword fighter you should endeavor to learn sword fighting techniques, footwork and the basic stances; But you must do so safely.
- However if you want to be a master at sword fighting you have to eventually start fighting with a “live blade”.
- If your ultimate goal is to wield a razor sharp sword safely and effectively, you need to train with a sword that approximates the size, feel and heft of a live blade, yet minimizes the possibility of causing grievous, permanent, or life-threatening injury to yourself or your training partner.
- This concept was implemented by the ancient Romans, who used dull wooden swords to train their Gladiators and soldiers.
- Japanese Samurai used a wooden training sword that was called a Bokken.
- It’s an elegant solution to a vexing problem and effective enough to still be used today.
- The only problem is that a wooden sword can rot, crack, chip or splinter and eventually become useless.
- Cold Steel’s solution to these dilemmas was to design a synthetic substitute, low in price and impervious to the elements.
- The Cold Steel line of Training Swords are made of the heaviest grade polypropylene available and closely duplicate a real sword in length, size, weight and feel.
- While they’re not quite as rigid as wood, they have the winning advantages of being virtually unbreakable, remarkably stiff and cut resistant.
- Weight: 31.7 oz.
- Blade Thickness: 1″
- Blade Length: 34″
- Material: Polypropylene
- Handle Length: 10″ Long
- Overall Length: 44″
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone toll-free in USA, Canada and Puerto Rico
Check out this YouTube Video that demonstrates Cold Steel’s Hand & A Half Training Sword in
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|