- The Colichemarde emerged on the sword scene in the late 1600’s during the decline of the Rapier and the rise of the small sword.
- Its long suit was its uniquely shaped blade that was extra wide at the forte then stepped down or narrowed for the rest of its length before ending in a wicked point.
- The advantage of this configuration was it allowed the sword to be used to parry or oppose even the heaviest weapons without breaking, yet remain light and supple enough to take full advantage of its lightning quick point.
- Cold Steel’s president Lynn C. Thompson has long been an admirer of the Colichemarde due to its great versatility in attack or defense so they enlisted the aid of their good friend Dave Baker, and made their own modern interpretation.
- True to form, the blade mirrors the original design concepts with an extra long and wide forte that abruptly tapers down to an acute and deadly point.
- The hilt features a decorative, yet highly functional, double shell guard, complete with finger loops and knuckle bow, while the grip is completely wire wrapped and capped with a matching pommel.
- Additionally, Cold Steel has also taken the liberty of creating this matching dagger with a stiff, beautifully ground and polished blade, double quillions, and wire wrapped handle.
- Blade Length: 11 3/4″
- Overall Length: 17 3/4″
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Weight: 11.5 oz
- Handle: 6″
- Scabbard: Leather Scabbard w/ Steel Fittings
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone
Check out this YouTube video that demonstrates the Colichemarde Sword & Dagger in action.
Specifications Usually Ships: Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST Orders Arrive: 1-4 Business Days After Ship Date Express Shipping: Is Available