Cold Steel – 1917 Saber
- While not an exact copy of a pre-existing or historical saber, Cold Steel’s 1917 Saber has a lot to offer the modern swordsman and is truly a cut and thrust weapon to be reckoned with.
- The blade is moderately curved with a short bevel grind and a long narrow fuller.
- When combined with a short, sharp, clip point, these features make for a very stiff, strong blade capable of delivering fearsome cuts and thrusts while shrugging off abuse that would break a lesser sword.
- To help protect it from rust, each blade is polished before being deeply blued to inky black perfection.
- In keeping with its mission as a “stand alone” cut ant thrust weapon that’s equally at home when fighting on the ground or the back of a horse, the 1917 Saber features a unique 3/4 basket guard.
- Designed by Lynn C. Thompson in conjunction with his fencing partners, Anthony DeLongis and Jason Heck, it offers complete protection to the fingers and vulnerable thumb and when presented correctly, protects the user’s hand, wrist, and forearm.
- Crafted from heavy gauge steel plate with rolled edges and multiple “lightening” holes (which won’t admit a sword or dagger point) and deeply blued like the blade it’s sturdy enough to absorb or shed the most horrendous blows.
- To match the sturdy guard and help control the awesome blade, the handle of the 1917 Saber is constructed from handsome, durable Rose Wood “scales” attached to the saber’s full tang via three highly polished brass cutler’s rivets.
- Each 1917 Saber is also supplied with a sturdy scabbard and frog.
- Made from thick, black leather and sporting a thick, polished brass throat and chape, it offers excellent protection and convenience in carrying whether mounted or on foot.
- Blade Length: 31″
- Overall Length: 36″
- Steel Type: 1055 Carbon
- Weight: 42.1 oz vHandle Length: 5″
- Scabbard: Leather Scabbard w/ Brass and Copper Fitting
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
or order by phone