- Let us be clear: the Hisshou™, designed by James Williams, is a specialized tool that is intended for military personnel and special forces operators.
- James developed this design to meet the specific requests of coalition forces overseas for a more powerful tactical tool than his CRKT Hissatsu™, which is in wide use.
- Historically, military swords have been sized to fit the fighting environment.
- Long swords, such as the English broad sword and Japanese katana, could only be used effectively on open fields of battle.
- Fighting in close or confined quarters required shorter swords, such as the sailor’s cutlass and the Japanese wakizashi, which is similar in size to the Hisshou.
- The Hisshou comes into play when the operator’s firearms cannot be used, as often happens in entry and search operations.
- It is designed for multiple carry options depending on the choice of the operator.
- The Hisshou’s 13” full-tang dual grind Tanto blade is YK-30 high-carbon steel, high satin finished.
- The long, tapered tip grind is designed for maximum slashing power combined with superior penetration.
- At 16.4 ounces, the Hisshou also offers superior slashing ability as compared to the Hissatsu.
- James has followed centuries of Japanese tradition in designing the classic cord-wrapped handle with ray skin underlays, which compares very well to more modern handle materials, giving excellent grip under all conditions.
- We have designed a custom Kydex® sheath with a patented* quick-release belt-mounting system for the Hisshou.
- The sheath has detents which grip the knife securely and wide entry lips which allow the knife to be returned to the sheath with one hand.
- The belt clip can be attached with the Chicago screws provided for vertical or horizontal carry.
- Simply press in the injection-molded nylon retaining clip for instant attachment or release.
- The Hisshou demands respect, and is certainly not a sport or work knife, but it can truly be a lifesaver for the military professional.
- This is a knife that would have been carried by the Samurai.
- High Satin finish, Razor-Sharp Cutting Edge
- Length: 13.0” (330 mm)
- Thickness: 0.26” (6.5 mm)
- Steel: YK-30, 57-59 HRC
- Overall length: 18.38” (467 mm)
- Weight: 16.4 oz. (465 g)
- Hisshou Sheath: (included with knife)
- Material: Kydex
- Overall length: 13.75” (349 mm)
- Width: 2.50” (64 mm)
- Weight: 7.0 oz. (198 g)
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|