- The Yari was an essential battlefield weapon of the Samurai in feudal Japan and took great skill to use and maneuver, due to its length and size.
- This piece is modeled after the su-yari or “straight-spear” design.
- The blade is forged in T-10 high-carbon steel and is triangulated and double-edged with a deep fuller on the flat side of the blade.
- Differential tempering results in a clear hamon on each edge.
- The tangs are long to absorb the shock of a blow.
- The shaft (ebu) is finished in a deep black lacquer and has a flattened side at the bottom section for blade orientation.
- The one-piece staff construction reinforces the durability of the spear.
- This version features a shorter (11″) blade than our SH2152 Yari, making for a faster weapon.
- This yari also features a rattan wrapped section at the upper grip, making this a visually stunning piece.
- Overall Length: 73 1/4″
- Blade Length: 11″
- Handle Length: 62 1/4″
- Weight: 3 lbs 1 oz
- Being hand forged specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|