- During the Muromachi period (1568-1603), the introduction of the pairing of the Katana (the curved sword) and Wakizashi was introduced.
- The Wakizashi, or the shorter companion blade to the Katana, was about 18 inches long.
- Only the warrior class – the Samurai – was allowed to wear the two swords, which remained a custom for the next several hundred years until abolished in the 19th century.
- This Wakizashi is the companion piece to the Golden Oriole Katana, with matching fittings and blade construction.
- Overall Length: 27-1/2″
- Blade: 20″
- Handle: 6-3/4″
- Thickness: .27″
- Weight: 1 lbs 10 oz
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone
|Usually Ships:||Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST|
|Orders Arrive:||1-4 Business Days After Ship Date|
|Express Shipping:||Is Available|