Hanwei - Practical XL Katana
Click to enlarge image(s)
Weight is based on UPS Dimensional Weight
- Hanwei's Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community.
- These latest Practicals combine the blade geometries and profiles of the Performance Series with the affordability of our Practical fittings.
- The blades in the cutting styles are forged from 1566 steel and differentially hardened in the traditional way producing an edge hardness of HRC60 and spine hardness of HRC40.
- The removeable handle is tightly wrapped in the tradtional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of tameshigiri practice.
For Heavy Competitive Cutting
- Designed strictly for competitive cutting, Hanwei's XL Katana blades incorporate the geometry, strength, weight and profile needed for successful cuts on substantial targets.
- Featuring differential heat treatment and a narrow edge angle, these wide blades will reward good technique with clean cuts and excellent durability.
- High-Carbon Blade.
- Built for Martial Artists.
- Blade length: 28.5"
- Handle length: 11
- Overall length: 40.5"
- Weight: 2lb 11oz
- Point of Balance: 5"
- Width at Guard: 1.43"
- Width at Tip: 1.08"
- Thickness at Guard: .26"
- Thickness at Tip: .15"
- Sori: 3/4"
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year or order by phone 1-517-897-3508
Own This? Give It A Review or Comment.
Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST
1-4 Business Days After Ship Date