Cold Steel - Grosse Messer
Click to enlarge image(s)
Weight is based on UPS Dimensional Weight
- Known throughout Germany as the 'Big Knife', the Grosse Messer hails from central and northern Europe where, in far off days of old, noblemen and peasants alike relied on it to protect hearth and home from the ravages of brigands, cut throats, outlaws and other assorted characters of ill repute.
- Due to its stout, wide blade and generously sized handle, it could be wielded in one or both hands and was capable of shearing through chain mail or cutting a man in half with a single strike.
- Cold Steel's version of this elegantly simple yet remarkably effective weapon sports a hand forged blade of 1050 high carbon steel that's so sharp they have used it to split a telephone book in half, with a single blow!
- The guard and heavy pommel are made from blued steel and feature rosewood handle scales riveted to the sword's full tang.
- For convenience and safety, the Grosse Messer comes with a strong, handsome scabbard crafted from wood and covered in black leather.
- It is reinforced with a steel chape and throat that has been blued to match the guard and pommel.
- Overall Length: 42-1/4"
- Handle: 10-1/4" long.
- Steel: 1050 High Carbon Steel
- Blade Length: 32"
- Thickness: 1/5"
- Weight: 4lbs.
- Wood Scabbard with Leather Cover, Steel Chape and Throat
- Order Online 24 hours A Day 7 Days A Week 365 Days A Year
- Order by phone 1-517-897-3508
Own This? Give It A Review or Comment.
Same or Next Business Day (M-F) When Ordered Before Noon EST
1-4 Business Days After Ship Date