A well choreographed sword fight scene doesn't just stay on the screen, it explodes across your face drenching you in testosterone-filled awesomeness. Here are 5 of the most memorable sword fight scenes ever committed to film.
1. The Battle of Stirling - Braveheart (1995) Never has a movie scene displayed the brutal reality of a sword fight. Limbs fly, eyes are gouged, and throats are slit. Instead of being treated to a highly polished scene you are left with what resembles a blood spattered football brawl that would leave you screaming "Retreat!" if you were on the receiving end. Even the horses aren't safe from the vengeful blade of William Wallace.
2. King Leonidas and 300 vs the Persians - 300 (2007) King Leonidas is the reigning badass leader that was ever committed to film. This dude took out a vicious wolf in a snow storm with nothing more than a pointed stick, so just imagine the damage he does with his Sword of Sparta. After lobbing his spear at an invading Persian to connect a perfect hit he proceeds to slash, rip, and generally open a can of whoop ass all over the horde. The movie has no choice but to slow things down as the Persians are backed off a cliff due to unbelievable awesomeness.
3. Gladiators vs "Barbarian Horde"- Gladiator (2000) Armed with nothing but spears and simple shields, exiled General Maximus faces a seemingly unwinnable enemy. The Barbarian Horde is equipped with chariots and bows and arrows while our hero is left with his wits and leadership skills. After getting his hands on a proper Roman Blade a few smart moves end with overturned chariots and Maximus commanding his troops from atop a steed. This victory is a turning point that leads to a shakeup of the Roman empire. What could be more boss than that?
4. Yu Shu Lien vs Jen Yu - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (2000)
These ladies have to make an appearance as they mix it up and hold nothing back. The skill of Yu Shu is no match for the supreme design of the ancient Green Destiny Ninja Sword. Watch as it slices through swords, spears, and a metal bat during this no holds barred cat fight that can only come at the end of a friendship and the beginning of every male fantasy.
5. Neo vs The Merovingians Minions - The Matrix Reloaded (2003) The Matrix will always be known for its innovations in filming fight scenes and bullet-time. However, this fight scene is a force to be reckoned with. Fighting off programs armed with maces, daggers, and tridents, Neo uses his telekinesis and mad skills to serve these programs on a platter. Greco-Roman statues aren't safe from his wrath as the scenery literally crumbles under his destructive powers. Whether he is dishing it up with a serrated sword, ninja sais, or a club; one thought runs through your head: "Shouldn't have f-ed with him!"